Sunday, September 28, 2008

McCain Lost The Character Debate

Unfortunately, debates aren't about the facts which are usually too confusing for ordinary people to comprehend. They're about gut reactions to the candidates. Do I like this person? Is he/she presidential? If you're still undecided this close to the election, you haven't been paying attention to issues. This is a personality contest for you. On that basis, I think Obama won. Yes, he's a wonk, like Bill Clinton. He goes into too much detail and has a hard tine telling a heart tugging story about real Americans who are suffering. But, he's smart, confident and has the grace and elegance to represent this country. McCain does not. If you're voting on character, you saw the character of both of these men on display during the debates. Yes, in spite of his POW experience, McCain does not have the character to lead this country.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on especially on the point of being a POW does not qualify a person for the role of President of the United States. I have all the respect in the world for what SENATOR McCain went thru as a POW, but that is NOT a qualification to run this country. Let's face reality the man served our country and served it well, however he doesnt have a clue about the common man. He lost my respect when he did not have the common discency to look at Senator Obama on the 1st debate. What a low class statement. He may have thought these actions worked in the past, but he seems to think he was to good to address his opponent face to face even when he is in the same room and the mediator was specifically saying he wanted them to look at each other and talk to one another.... I for one do not want a President of MY COUNTRY to REPRESENT me with an attitude of just because I don't believe in what you say I'll give you NO RESPECT. He calls himself a Christian. .... How cowardly is he. Senator Obama throughout the 1st debate, showed him respect, and yet McCain continued to address the mediator as IF Senator Obama was not even in the room. This is so High School, and let me take my toys and go home attitude. I respected SENATOR McCain before this 1st debate, as a man who had served this country in the military and a representative for the rights of citizens of this country, but after the display of rudeness Friday, No I would never VOTE for this type of man. I regret that I had voted twice for GW Bush, and I apologize to those I speak to on the political topics. I am so ashamed that I was blind sided and as closed minded as I was. I wont promote another 4 years to the dictatorship that President GW Bush has put forth on this country. I will not lose more of my American freedoms such as those that have been lost in the past 8 years. I love America and believe in what it originally stood for before ...... well you get the idea... Please open your eyes, realize what we have lost and have to lose if the agenda of GW continues as it looks like it would if Senator McCain were elected President. Also where was his FLAG pin Friday? It's always different if you're the accuser and not the so called offender. shame on you Senator McCain, just shame on you. Doesnt the good book say, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

    ReplyDelete