Monday, September 15, 2008

Does This Bother You? Should It?

Here are some interesting items from an interview with Rev. Howard Bess, a retired Baptist minister who pastors a small congregation near Wasilla, Alaska. He is also the author of the book, Pastor, I am Gay, one of the books that Sarah Palin tried to remove from the Wasilla library. He wrote the book after a closeted homosexual in his congregation came to him asking for help.

He said Palin's election would be a disaster for the country and the world. He said she's Jerry Falwell with a pretty face. That's coming from a Baptist minister!

A link to the full article is below if you want to read it, but here are a couple of things that I find troubling. What do you think?

"I pushed her on the earth's creation, whether it was really less than 7,000 years old and whether dinosaurs and humans walked the earth at the same time. And she said yes, she'd seen images somewhere of dinosaur fossils with human footprints in them."

Munger also asked Palin if she truly believed in the End of Days, the doomsday scenario when the Messiah will return. "She looked in my eyes and said, 'Yes, I think I will see Jesus come back to earth in my lifetime.'"


http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2008/09/15/bess/

No comments:

Post a Comment