Friday, November 16, 2007

Stop Your Fighting, Kids!

I'm worried. If the Democrats continue to behave the way they've been behaving at the last two debates, they just might lose this thing. After all, if half the country is gullible enough to vote for George Bush for president, a man who is totally lacking in qualifications, character, morality and charisma, they could very easily vote for Rudy Guiliani - God help us!

Last night's debate was another example of the Democrats turning inward and destroying themselvles instead of focusing on the terrible things the current resident has done to this country and the world. I'm so disappointed with John Edwards who is starting to look like a mean-spirited little boy with his attacks on Hillary Clinton. Joe Biden is starting to look more presidential, and he doesn't take himself too seriously. I might vote for him.

I wonder why the "boys" address Senator Clinton as "Hillary" and their fellow males with their formal title such as Senator Dodd, Governor Richardson, etc. I'm surprised no one has brought that up. It's a subtle way to demean her and chip away at her credibility. I believe it's their way of saying something that can't be said explicity - "I don't believe a woman should be president." We still have a lot of growing up to do in this country.

I think Hillary Clinton would be a great president, and I will vote for her if she's the candidate, but I'm concerned about whether she can be elected with the bias against women that still exists in this country and the viciousness and dishonesty of the Republicans, especially when faced with their arch-enemy, Hillary Clinton. If she gives her fellow Democrats so many targets to shoot at, what will the Republicans do?

So, stop your fighting, kids! The enemy is not you. It's George Bush and the possibility of another four or eight years of Neocon insanity. That's something worth fighting about.

No comments:

Post a Comment