Thursday, November 6, 2008

Elizabeth Hasselbeck Redeems Herself

An article on Salon.com relates this incident on The View. Quite a change from the normal yelling matches. In so many cases, Obama has tapped into the noble spirit of humanity, causing even his enemies to stand in awe of his accomplishment.

When her daughter asked who lost, Hasselbeck says, she responded steadily: "No one lost today." No kidding, this from the woman who just yesterday defended the McCain-Palin ticket almost to the point of tears. Then she launches into a gracious concession:

Today, seriously, and God knows I fought hard on the other side, but today is a victory for this country to have Barack Obama be our next president, the first black president, the first black first lady and family … I will get in a long line of supporters -- because I wasn't the first -- but I will jump in that line and support our president because that is what, as an American, I believe we should do

No comments:

Post a Comment